Date of Birth: 13/5/1963
Current Jobs & Experiences
- Managing Director of ITQAN Management Consultancy, www.itqan.net, (Bahrain – Qatar – Oman- KSA (Jeddah)), with experience and knowledge of Leading a team of Experts & putting up Management Systems that lead to change in organizations cultures.
- Consultant , Trainer & IRCA Approved Lead Auditor and Lead Tutor in
- Quality Management System (ISO 9001)
- Environmental Management System (ISO 14001)
- Health & Safety Management System (OSHAS 18001)
- Food Safety Management System (HACCP & ISO 22000)
- Specialist in the area of improvements regarding:
- CE Marking for Manufacturing Medical Devices (EN 46001)
- Information Security Management System (ISO 17799 & BS 7799)
- Public, Education and Healthcare Services
- Consultant in Business Process Re-Engineering (BPR), Total Quality Management (TQM), Performance Measurement (PM) & Project Management, Change Management
- IQA Approved Quality Diploma for Professionals Trainer
- UNIDO Approved Consultant
- Kaizen Institute © Approved Affiliate & Consultant
- HRM Analysis Certfied professional – Singapore Approved Affiliate
- Approved Assessor for Dubai Quality Award & Dubai Government Excellence Award
- European Foundation Quality Management (EFQM) Approved Lead Assessor
- Approved Psychometric Testing Professional – India
- Approved Competency Mapping Professional – India
- Lead the Work & development of systems and change management in major Projects that each had a length of 6-24 months of Consultancy for more than 54 Government Ministries in different GCC countries – 2001 – 2004.
- Worked as Full Time QA/QC Manager & Part-Time Consultant for Yokogwa Group (Japan) in the Middle East 2001 – 2003.
- Conducted Consultancy, Auditing, Projects Managing & Training as Freelancer Expert in more than 200 different Management Systems Implementation from 1993 till 1/5/2001 for different firms as SGS, BVQI, DNV.
- Chief of Planning & Facilities Services – Bahrain Defence Force Medical Services with direct responsibility for: Biomedical Engineering, Maintenance Engineering, Projects Department, First Line Maintenance, Organisational Planning and Health & Safety Dept.
- Lectured in more than 20 countries around the world on the subjects of change management and business excellence as an invited guest speaker.
- 2/2000 – 7/2002 – Glamorgan University, Wales, UK.
- MBA in Bussiness & Quality Management.
- 1991-1993 – Aberdeen University, Scotland, UK
- Post Graduate Diploma in Medical Physics & Biomedical Engineering.
- 1983-1987 – Catholic University, Washington D.C., USA
- Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Engineering.
- IRCA QMS / EMS / OHSAS / ISMS – Auditor Certification No. 1180237
- More than 45 Conference Papers on: Quality, Management Systems, Total Productive Maintenance, Costing, Occupational Health & Safety, HRM, Environment, Team Building, Productivity Improvement, Excellence, NGO’s development, Change Management, Organisations Restructuring, Education Management and Healthcare Management.
- Many publications on the internet & newspapers
- Published Paper Ref: Al-Hasan, S., Thomas, B. and Buheji, M. (2004) ‘The Strategic Implementation of Quality Management Systems in the Bahrain Governmental Sector through Benchmarking’. The International Journal of Applied Management, Vol. 5, No, 2, pp. 85-101, 2004, ISSN 1468-5191.
Membership in Professional Bodies/Institutions
- Kaizen Innovation Experts Alliance
- IQA Approved Quality Professionals
- EFQM Approved Assessors
- IRCA Approved Auditors & IQCS Approved Tutors
- Engineering Council (Incorporated Engineers)
- (BSE) Bahrain Society of Engineers
- (ASQ) American Society for Quality , USA – Since 1999.
- (BQS) Bahrain Quality Society, Founder
- (BSTD) Bahrain Soc. Of Training & Development.